Bosch Repairs Top Tips10/06/09 in Washing Machine Sidebar
Bosch Washing Machine Maintenance
Taking good care of your Bosch washing machine will help to prolong the life of the appliance and help avoid future washing machine repairs. There are some simple things you can do after each wash to ensure your appliance stays in good condition. Washing machines can easily become clogged up with detergent, limescale and fluff from dirty laundry. You should inspect the detergent tray after the cycle has completed, clean down the door & door seal and clear the lint filter of debris.
Remember, limescale starts to build up from the very first wash!
If you live in a hard water area you need to take steps to protect your bosch washing machine. Hard water contains a larger quantity of dissolved minerals which, when heated or left to stand, form limescale – and this is where the problems start.
Limescale coats the heating elements of your washing machine and dishwasher, in the same way that it covers your kettle, making them less energy-efficient. In fact, British Water states that even a 1.6mm coating of limescale can make the appliance up to 12% less effective. This means you could be wasting up to £200 worth of energy each year as well as significantly reducing the lifespan of the appliance.
There are also potential problems if you live in a soft water area. In soft water detergent works so well that it leaves behind sediment. This can build up and clog the appliance causing it to function less effectively. One of the biggest problems with detergent build up is that it’s the perfect home for bacteria, which causes stale odours and discolouring.
However, there is a simple solution…
Limescale and Detergent Remover
Used regularly during your regular maintenance wash it will:
- - Remove limescale build up from internal part
- - Eliminate powder build up and odour causing bacteria
- - Hygienically clean all internal parts
- - Maximise the efficiency of your appliance
Limescale and Detergent Remover is a cost effective way of prolonging the life of your appliance. It is effective regardless of your water type and removes both limescale and powder build up – it does not just simply soften the water.
Cleaning a Bosch washing machine lint filter
You might not realise but most washing machines have a lint filter just like a tumble dryer. The lint filter is important for capturing bits of fluff and other debris that can collect inside the Bosch washing machine during use. If the washing machine lint filter becomes blocked then it can cause water to be held inside the washing machine, which causes leaks. For this reason it is beneficial to clean the lint filter regularly on your Bosch washing machine.
To clean a Bosch washing machine filter:
1. Safety first. Unplug the washing machine from the power supply before undertaking any maintenance tasks.
2. Locate the lint filter. This will usually be behind a hatch at the base of the washing machine. It can also be located in the agitator or attached to the drain hose.
3. Remove the filter. Once you have located the lint filter hatch, open it and remove the lint filter ready for cleaning.
4. Clean the lint filter. Peel any loose lint from the filter. Scrub away lint that doesn’t peel off easily with a paper towel or a wet sponge.
5. Replace the filter carefully and ensure it is installed correctly
Remember, regular cleaning and maintenance can avoid the need for a Bosch Washing Machine Repair